Another year and another Melbourne Show which kicked off yesterday. Usually, I am at the showgrounds for a hectic rave / music festival so the well-behaved crowd at this family event was as nice change (bonus points for people keeping their clothes on and not being cooked).
The Melbourne Show has progressively gotten larger over the years, with the price tag in tow and now offers things to do for all ages from petting chickens to cocktail bars.
With all the new adult food things the traditional stuff remains, dog shows, petting zoos, amusement rides and most importantly the large selection of show bags. More recently the sort-of newly added MasterChef building has hipster Melbourne food (this year you will find the likes of Pho Nom, Mr. Miyagi, Messina) and the cocktail bar and other drinking holes.
With the smallest food items around the $10 mark and each ride $5+ on top of entrance don’t expect it to be a cheap day out but if you go on a day with great weather you will have a great time and ample animal selfie opportunities.
The show is on till the 27/09/16.
- Dates with boyfriend / girlfriend / friendzone
- Family day out
- Group hang out if you are under 20 (there are plenty of better things to do cheaper if you are over 20)
- Drive (not recommended, traffic gets very busy and car parking doesn’t come cheap)
- Special event trains from Flinders St Station or Southern Cross
- Tram from Melbourne CBD (a very slow option)
A fair bit.
- Cheaper if you pre-buy online here
P.S Buyer beware on the show bags, some are just expensive and filled with cheap filler crap.